Re: [udig-devel] Starting developement

To get a feature source for a layer you can use the

layer.getResource( FeatureSource.class, monitor );  for a read only
featureSource.

You can also call
layer.getResource( FeatureStore.class, monitor ); for a read-write
featureSource.  But be careful, if the data is read-only this will
return null.

The default feature editor implementation is in the
net.refractions.udig.feature.editor plugin.  Although I have to admit
that it isn't the best example because it is based on the eclipse
properties view.  We have a better example somewhere, I will have to
track it down for you on monday.  Please email on monday to remind me
again.

Jesse