Re: [udig-devel] ArcSDE - Connect...

Jody Garnett wrote:

Nicolas Gignac wrote:

Hi

I tried to connect to ArcSDE layer with Udig 1.0.4, 1.0.5 or 1.1 M 1 (MS Windows, French version), but I am not able to see the ArcSDE item in "Add Layer Wizard". Only with Udig 1.0.4 that I could see the ArcSDE item, but when I click on it nothing happens.

So, it is because the ArcSDE layer connection item in Udig has not been fully implemented yet ?

I think it is in unsupported plugins? We do that with anything we don't have facilities to test, there was a user last year that volunteer to test so we made it for him - but without feedback (stack traces and so on) we wont be able to get it to work.

If you have time/interest Nicolas we can totally get it to work - the same connection code is used by GeoServer (so it is
probably just something we are doing wrong).

Jody, FYI (I have not posted a bug, 'cause i am overwhelmed at the moment)

While trying to connect to GeoServer 1.3.0-rc6 using WFS that backends to ESRI SDE. UDIG was complaining about parsing errors. The geometry column is named SHAPE and is at the end of the field list. (By comparison successful WFS conenctions from GeoServer put the geometry column at the beginning and name it the_geom). GeoServer 1.3.0-rc6 works great from UDig when backending to shapefiles.

I used curl to pull the results of a request that failed from UDig into a single gml file and used GDAL/OGR to successfully convert the gml into a shapefile. So the issues is the UDig parser being too constricted or GDAL/OGR being too permissive.

I can send the gml file upon request.

C.

Jody