Re: [udig-devel] Capturing requests and sending them to 3D view

I'm not totally sure what you want so I'll just give you some information :-P .

Ways to refresh the map:
1-a renderer can request a rerender by setting its state to IRenderer.RENDER_REQUEST
2-If it is just refresh of the view then you can do (I know its not nice):
   ((ViewportPane)map.getRenderManager().getMapDisplay()).repaint();
3-If you don't want to re-render because you already have but you want the layers of the map to be refreshed a renderer can set its state to IRenderer.DONE and the framework will remerge the map layers and update the screen.

Jesse
Tiago Silva wrote:

Hi,

The 3D view I'm implementing is currently working, in a not very stylish fashion. I hacked net.refractions.udig.render.wms.basic to send the received texture via a TCP connection established with a server that's running in the 3D view. Even though it's not the correct way, it's fast, it's robust and it works. Now for the next step, i'd like to transform the manipulations from the 3D view into new requests, and refreshing the current editor view with them.

What should I look for?

Best regards,
Tiago Silva