Re: [udig-devel] Development in Linux environment

Development on linux is pretty similar to that on windows. Just get the linux version of everything (obviously) and go. Somethings like use of subclipse is not recommended unless it has been substantially improved since I last used it (last January so it could have been).

Just a reminder, we are having problems with the SDK right now so follow the http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Project+Quickstart guide. And well give an anouncement when we have good sdk releases ready.
Jesse

Mark Presling wrote:

Hi guys,

Are there any issues that I should be aware of when developing with uDig under Linux? Any prereqs? I see that most of the documentation is geared towards Windows... do you think there are many differences when working with Linux (other than the obvious ;).

Cheers,
Mark