[udig-devel] Re: udig plug-in development problem

ei02024@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I a student and it was asked me to do develop a plug-in for uDig. To do it a
I've to manipulate (add, remove, edit) the map's layers.
That functionality should already covered by the uDig environment (or I
am miss understanding you)?
I'm still on the begining but I'm having a lot of problems in creating a new
layer(a blank one our with a resource) and adding it to an existing map.
I think I see, your problem is that you are not allowed to do that
without using "commands".
What you need to do is construct a command that will make the correct
modification of a
running map. And then execute it.

If you read section 5 of the Programmers Guide it should walk you
through using commands.
If you could help me some how and/or show me some example code of how to do that
(create a new layer and add it to a map) I would be very thankful.
I only have an example of creating an entirely new map. I think this is
an area Jesse is improving for uDig 1.1.
He will have a milestone release of this by the end of the week if you
think it will help.

Jody

Back to the top