Re: [udig-devel] Creating a new oracle spatial point

I think you've hit upon a couple of known bugs.  I know that you added a
point table but I'm thinking that the oracle datastore is creating a
"Geometry" feature type (rather than a "point" feature type).  The
styler doesn't understand how to style Geometry so it treats them as a
polygon.

Second bug... I'm not sure unless it is the bug I've seen where the tool
highlighting fails.  But when that happens the tools still work.  Hmmm
Maybe it is a problem with "Geometry" again.  I'm not sure if the edit
tool knows what to create if the feature type declares "Geometry" as its
geometry type.  I have some tools on the 1.1 branch that I can package
up and put on the update site.  The tools are seperate line, point and
polygon tools.

Jesse

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 15:43 +1100, Simon Greener wrote:
> uDiggers,
>
> A couple of things.
>
> When I add an Oracle Spatial point table/column to a map and try to change
> the styling it
> doesn't allow me to access the point symbology - only the polygon styling.
>
> Secondly, when I try and create a new point I can't seem to get rid of the
> Zoom In or Pan action
> associated with the cursor. I am quite sure that only the Feature Edit
> tool icon has focus but, no go.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> S.

Back to the top