Re: [udig-devel] oracle status update

I think some of the problems are because I was staying late and didn't test the export.
I see from your message that
1. the old plugins need to be deleted (that is why there is the dummy jar still)
2.  that I forgot to include some files ( libs directory for example )

Just a note, these exports are just for us and not how we will do the actual releases. We will put the real ones on the update site.

I added a few more comments in-line.

Jesse

Jukka Sirviö wrote:

Hello Jesse,

Feature 1:
========
It seems that the default values for "JDBC Driver" and "Classes jar" in the wizard page are always default. No matter if you browse them to valid jarfiles, they are always formatted to default one's. Resolution 1:
==========
The libs folder is missing under net.refractions.udig.libs.oracle_1.0.0 -folder, create also the libs folder.

See step 2

Feature 2:
========
After manually created libs -folder, and selecting the required jarfiles uDig restarts ok and libraries are copied to libs -folder with some strange names. When I press add layer and select "Oracle spatial" there is npe (stack trace attached). Resolution 2:
==========
This is a bug I've found with a few wizard pages, I am fixing them as I find them. I just fixed it.
I had to add:
           if( selection==null )
               selection=new StructuredSelection();
Some of the other wizard pages need it too.

btw, are my assumptions correct for the meaning of the labels in wizard page: - "JDBC Driver" => ojdbc14.jar (jdbc driver classes for use with JDK 1.4 and 1.5)
- "Classes jar" => sdoapi.jar (deprecated oracle sdoapi classes)
I don't know what these should be. I had 2 jars ojdbc-14.jar and classes-12.jar. I don't know exactly what they are or do. If you could provide me with good names that would be great. Also do we need both jars? I don't know.

There still exists dummy package in net.refractions.udig.libs\lib -folder, how the users could automatically delete the "dummy_spatial-8.1.8.jar"? It could cause problems if it is 'digged up' and found by other classes.
See step 1.

Do you prefer that I email all the questions, feedback etc. always to mailing list or should we only email the initial questions, answers and final solutions to the list (If we will do closer co-operation in future there can be quite much communication)?

We will see but the list if for developers so things like this are useful to send to the list.

Yours:
jukka

Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/09/2005 03:45
Please respond to User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS

To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> cc: Subject: [udig-devel] oracle status update

Hi,

We've done some work on oracle. Can't test it today unfortunately, but hopefully we are closer now to what will work.

To test it out you can download:
http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/oracle.zip

and unzip it into the plugins/ directory (on windows I think it is Program File/udig/eclipse/plugins) over-writting the old files.

Jesse

action.remove: 'elcl16/remove_co.gif' found action.remove
action.remove: 'dlcl16/remove_co.gif' found action.remove
!SESSION 2005-09-07 09:47:05.892 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
java.version=1.5.0_04
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fi_FI
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2005-09-07 09:47:30.818
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
Unhandled event loop exception
Reason:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-09-07 09:47:30.848
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.oracle.ui.OracleSpatialWizardPa
ge.createControl(OracleSpatialWizardPage.java:102)
       at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.ui.ConnectionPage.createControl
(ConnectionPage.java:58)
       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java
:1020)
       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2(WizardDialog.java:1013
)
       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$4.run(WizardDialog.java:1003)
       at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1001
)
       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:7
53)
       at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java
:345)
       at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:556)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:
90)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
       at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
       at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.jav
a:367)
       at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
       at net.refractions.udig.internal.ui.UDIGApplication.run(UDIGApplication.
java:28)
       at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformAct
ivator.java:226)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.ja
va:376)
       at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.ja
va:163)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
       at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)
java.lang.NullPointerException

Back to the top