Re: [udig-devel] Re: DB2 and Oracle support

Jody,

No arcs ;-) The circular arcs are not part of the "Simple Feature" OGC standard - so nobody in the open standard/source world was that interested.

Regardless, I have a customer that uses them a lot because road onramps/offramps
are defined this way in preference to vertex-to-vertex segments.

My library reads the arcs though, and prints out warnings.

It should be noted that the Arcs are really old tech and that most modern systems use nurbs (as the "arc" ends up being inside all the control points). I am sure that was way more detail then you cared about.

I have no idea what this means! What is a NURB? What do you mean by an ARC benig
inside all the control points?

As we look into supporting GML3 (and an associated ISO Geometry specification) we will have an oppertunity to support arcs.

Does this mean that arcs are in GML3 or some ISO/SQL3 geometry type? So, is the OGC SFS
the problem more than Oracle Spatial?

If you are interested let us know.

I certainly am!

Jody