[udig-devel] MapGraphic layer problems

I am working on a couple of additions for our map which I am implementing as MapGraphic layers. I have noticed a few problems:

Only one MapGraphic is visible at a time. The catalog lets you add mutiple different MapGraphics, but only the most recently added one is drawn. If that one is deleted, the first one will be displayed again.

MapGraphic layers are not restored after uDig is closed and re-opened. The MapGraphic entry is removed from the Catalog view, and nothing is displayed on the map.

Names for layers are incorrect. The Catalog view appears to be using the 'id' rather than the 'name' defined in the plugin.xml. This might be the desired behavior, I'm not sure. Also the Layers view only shows "/mapgraphic", not the actual name.

Other than that this is a very useful feature. I think these should not be too difficult to track down and fix. I will start to work on that, but I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone has any ideas or thoughts about it.

Cole

Back to the top