[udig-devel] Windows multi-user installer option?

Hi developers,

I just installed uDig (Windows version) and I have a suggestion for further
installers. If possible, could there please be the choice to install for "this
user only" or "for all users".
For example on my PC all users share the same shart menu and programs. uDig
installs itself to the current user's start menu only, so I have to manually
move the links from
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Matthias Basler\Startmenü\Programme\...
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Startmenü\Programme\...

But there's one more thing to think about: Currently the application link points
(as expected) to my personal working directory:
    D:\Geoprogramme\uDig1.0.1\eclipse\udig.exe -data "C:\Dokumente und
    Einstellungen\Matthias Basler\Anwendungsdaten\uDig\" -noop
In case of a multi-user installation, it should point to a public directory,
such as f.e.
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\uDig\

(P.S. Above are the German paths, but I'm sure you know their English
counterparts.)

It's just an idea, not something urgent for me.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top