Re: [udig-devel] Release Candidate 6 - new DB2 support problems

I have my computer back so I'll check it. It was working for me last I checked. But strange things have happened in the past.

I use the Class.forName to do the check now because it should be able to detect whether the wrong driver was added. Although maybe I should change that so that I can ask the datastore if it has all the correct drivers. I'm not sure how to do that though.

About getting it to run. I'll try to continue working on debugging that problem in the other thread.

Jesse

David Adler wrote:

When I first try to add a DB2 layer, it puts up the wizard to locate the DB2 JDBC driver. After navigating to the JDBC jars, selecting 'apply' and restarting uDIG,
it presents this wizard again and I never get past this point.

When I look in the udig\plugins\net.refractions.udig.libs.db2_1.0.1\libs directory, I see the JDBC drivers there.

With RC5, in this directory are also files: ..flag, .db2jcc.jar and .db2jcc_license.jar. I tried copying these from RC5 to RC6 but
it didn't make any difference.

In looking at the code for DB2Preferences, I see that isInstalled is checking Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Connection"). Since I see the drivers in the libs directory, I assume that the drivers are not getting picked up in the classpath. Could there be a problem going from udig 1.0.0 to udig 1.0.1? I see this difference in the names of directories
between RC5 and RC6.

Where are the runtime preferences/properties saved?

If I could run Eclipse with the latest code, I might be able to track this down, but it seems to be confused with
udig 1.0.0 vs 1.0.1 designations.