Re: [udig-devel] Release Candidate 6 - new DB2 support problems

When I first try to add a DB2 layer, it puts up the wizard to locate the DB2 JDBC driver.  After navigating to the JDBC jars, selecting 'apply' and restarting uDIG,
it presents this wizard again and I never get past this point.

When I look in the udig\plugins\net.refractions.udig.libs.db2_1.0.1\libs directory, I see the JDBC drivers there.

With RC5, in this directory are also files: ..flag, .db2jcc.jar and .db2jcc_license.jar.  I tried copying these from RC5 to RC6 but
it didn't make any difference.

In looking at the code for DB2Preferences, I see that isInstalled is checking
Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Connection").  Since I see the drivers in
the libs directory, I assume that the drivers are not getting picked up in the classpath.

Could there be a problem going from udig 1.0.0 to udig 1.0.1?  I see this difference in the names of directories
between RC5 and RC6.

Where are the runtime preferences/properties saved?

If I could run Eclipse with the latest code, I might be able to track this down, but it seems to be confused with
udig 1.0.0 vs 1.0.1 designations.