Re: [udig-devel] Re: Unhandled Event loop exception - occurs while rendering

Hi I have never had this error before but I will try doing what you said.
Openning and closing a map many times, maybe a reference is being kept around
too long.  To increase the amount of memory the JVM can use try changing the
number in udig.ini.  That said you shouldn't have to for the case that you are
describing.

Jesse
Quoting Alagesa Pandian <algesh@xxxxxxxxx>:

> well,
> i used the fresh Udig- RC6.
>
> pandian
>
> On 8/17/05, Alagesa Pandian <algesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I attempted to close a map(containing multiple layers) and re-open it
> > repeatedly.
> >
> > During my second and third attempts i started getting "out of memory
> > error".
> > I used shapefile as my data source. i used 5-6 layers. except one point
> > file(~ 20,000features & 60 column attributes), all others are very small
> > files.
> >
> > my system configuration is fedora core 3 with 512mb RAM/ Quad processor -
> > DELL Optiplex280
> >
> > i got only the following error message(nothing else):
> > Unhandled event loop exception
> > Reason:
> > Java heap space
> >

> > would be nice, if someone can suggest a solution.
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > pandian
> > --
> > D. Alagesa Pandian