[udig-devel] GeoTiff support in 1.0.1?

Hi developers,

I didn't completely follow the raster support discussions, so my question:
Is uDig 1.0.1 supposed to read and render GeoTiff files.

I tried some (rather large) GeoTiff Landsat scenes from the Banff (Canada) area.
They get loaded into the Catalog, but they don't get displayed and I don't get
an error either. (The scenes were from GeoGratis Canada, and I know they are
GeoTiff and work in other programs.)

That the image is located at the wrong position might be the missing notion of
"Geo"Tiff. (I see this when I do "Zoom to full map".) But at least the image
should get painted.
In case uDig cannot show them it would be better to signal this to the user.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top