[udig-devel] Preferences in Quickstart

Hi developers,

just a quick note:
In Quickstart (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Quickstart),
in the section that explains how to configure Eclipse, it is written:

> 4. Change Java > Compiler > Errors/Warnings:
>    * Turn on all the warnings

Well, I think that's a bit irritating. There are several sections in these
options (Code style, J2SE options, unnecessary code etc.), and as I see from
the more detailed instructions and screenshots on
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Eclipse+Preferences it is
not your intention to have ALL warnings on.

My suggestion is, instead of writing "Turn on all the warnings", better link to
the more detailed page so people do it correctly from the start.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top