[udig-devel] Creating new dataset from selected features.

I would like to load a dataset (ESRI SHP), select features using the select square, once the features are highlighted I would like to copy those to a new layer. That is I would like to pick out lakes in my area instead of for the whole province. Equivalent to arc make new shapefile.

I have had no luck with QGIS or UDIG, having projection issues in GRASS, and have not re-downloaded JUMP yet (I think I remember doing it in JUMP before). I'm stuck. Any other sugestions? Or is it back to Arcview?

Current version 1.0 (congrats on the release)

Cheers

P.S If I live on the bleeding edge is there a plugin or other snapshot I can use?

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx		|