[udig-devel] Re: How/when to finish uDig translations?

> Menus
> - We can fix the menus created by the UDIGWorkbenchAdvisor to use our
> own translations, this is 90% of the problem.
>
> ProgressView (often users do not discover this)
> - We can patch this with a fragment
>
> Can anyone think of other user interface elements we run into that need
> translating? Perhaps dialog messages?

Yes. What I find untranslated in the 1.0.0 release is:

- Some menus as the most obvious (such as f.e. the perspective-related menus and
the help menu)

- The views dialog title: "Show view" (untranslated)
  and I can see following untranslated view names in it:
    Outline, Progress View, Properties, Help, Default Feature Editor
  (the last one is probably another issue, since it stems from uDig)
- Untranslated view categories: Basic, Help, Other

- The perspectives dialog title: "Select perspective" (untranslated).

- Also the title of the "Preferences" dialog and any other dialogs "borrowed"
from Eclipse.

- Everything in the "File -> Import" wizard.
- Everything in the "File -> New -> Other" wizard except the explaination.
- Every other borrowed wizards, you know better than me which ones exist.

- Buttons and frame title in the About dialog.

- Tooltips of view/editor-related buttons such as "Maximize", "Minimize"

- I also don't know which message dialogs might be affected.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top