R: R: R: [udig-devel] Problems with QuickStart / Running the MainApplication

Richard,

I did all steps you suggested in your notes, I have compared your
screen-shoot with my Package Explorer window and it doesn't match (of course
!  -see attach myscreenshot.jpg-).
After that, I realized that I was missing something...and...at the end...I
have found (thanks your last email) the solution: the "build" steps (Clean,
refresh, PDE Tools etc.) MUST be done only if computer is CONNECTED to the
internet !!!!!!

I am new to Java/Eclipse environments and that was not obvious for me: I
will appreciate if you can advice me some book and/or URL links to learn
Java/Eclipse (to start working with uDig) much faster and easily.

Now uDig starts (hurrah), even if a Warning window message shows me some
problems (see attach myscreenshot_2.jpg)

Anyway...it has been a good experience...I would like to learn much more in
Java/Eclipse/uDig environments to bring uDig philosophy in my company (I am
a GIS consultant) because a believe on its potentiality.

Thanks again.
Ciao.

Mario Bloise

ps. Jody & Jesse, I suggest to add in "quickstart document -Your first
build-"  that all steps have to be done with computer connected to the
internet.

Probably, Xue-Fend Yang had the same problem.