From: Jody Garnett [mailto:jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 11:25 AM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS; Edwards, Wendy A ERDC-CERL-IL
Contractor
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Custom Renderer

Edwards, Wendy A ERDC-CERL-IL Contractor wrote:
> Thanks!  DXF is a vector format for CAD.  I already have code to
> convert a CAD file to a geotools FeatureCollection.  So would the best
> approach at this point be to just turn it into a FeatureSource (which
> the UDIG renderer can already deal with)?

Yes !

If we can do that then everything else will just kind of work.  And if we
have support for a CAD format that includes its own per feature styling it
would make a great tutorial for writing a Renderer.

I wonder if you could attend the GeoTools meeting today? It would be nice to
get DBF its own geotools plugin to play with.

That said you are welcome to develop your datastore on the udig subversion
repository (or even supply a jar if you are under source code restrictions).

This will be exciting, access to more data is always a good thing.

Jody

Back to the top