Re: [udig-devel] BBox cut-offset

>Wow Dave this is going to be a fun trade off.
>
>UDig needs the bounding box to be "hard" because we occasionally
request >back an *exact* bounding box we wish filled in. Especially
when working >with transparent fills drawing outside of the allowed
bounding box clip >area would be considered a bad thing. We already had
a few reports of >hitting refresh and tricking the renderer into
"darkening" a fill area.

I'm not sure what you're saying here - are you requesting maps with a
background colour that isnt transparent?  What do you mean?

The only reason that I can see of not asking for a
slightly-larger-than-the-data-bounding box would be if the actual
request would have an illegal bounding box (ie. go off the edge of the
poles).  Certainly some WMS servers wouldnt like that!

dave