[udig-devel] Current State of Rendering and its performance

Jessie,

Congrats on increasing rendering performance - i cannot wait to try it
out!

One thing i noticed with udig WMS is that it appears that it has a high
overhead.  When I access a WMS image using a webbrower, it takes about
3.25 seconds to come back with the result. When I try the same request
using udig, it takes a bit over 4seconds.

Any idea where this latency is occuring?  Could it have something to
with the legend graphics doing stuff (I dont think they're making any
requests, but they're doing something).

Have you noticed this?

dave