[udig-devel] styling by attribute (again)

I wanted to use udig to look at some tiger data.

Tiger has a bunch of line work ("complete chains"), each with a cfcc
(telling you it a hwy, road, shoreline, statistical boundary, etc...).

I wanted to view this in udig, but (1) I cannot style by attribute or
(2) limit the data being displayed.

I made a set of different shapefile for each major category (road, rail,
hydro), but that wasnt enough detail.  I didnt want to make a shapefile
(by hand) for each of the 100s of categories, and then add them (one at
a time), then style each one differently.

I know I've been harping on this every since january or february, but
this is basic stuff!

dave

ps. is there any way you can add a filter to a datasource?