[udig-devel] CRS

Jessie,

I've already mentioned the WMS apparently not making correct requests
when you change the CRS (see email "both WFS and WMS not working?").

For the issue involving the points dataset (which doesnt have a .prj), i
did this:

1. load in the points.shp file (some points I made near the origin to
test with)
2. load in the bc_roads.shp file (udig samples directory).  Its in BC
ALBERS.

Now I cannot view my points data (actually, sometimes I get one point at
the extreame bottom of the screen).  How do I find out what projection
udig thinks my points dataset is in?
How do I tell what projection the map view is in?
How do I change the projection of my points file?

I've tried map->properties, but it just allows me to enter in a new
projection - not tell me what the current one is.

NOTE: changing the projection doesnt seem to do anything;
      1. load bc_roads (in BC ALBERS)
      2. go to map->properties and change it to 4326 (lat/long)

      It still seems to be in BC ALBERS.  I also notice, after it
finished rendering, a "Error:java.lang.Exception: Error transforming
bbox".  I dont know why this error is occuring - I have that layer in
geoserver, and I can convert the bounding box (in albers) to lat long.

I also tried to do a layer->analysis->information, but it throws an
error when I try to do it with points.shp.

dave