Re: [udig-devel] AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location)

Ahmed Al-Obaidy wrote:

We (WATANI-GIS) have an AVL (Automatic Vehicle
Location) System written in C++. Now we are
considering the migration to Java and open source
wagon. I’m interested in building the monitoring part
of the system as a plug-in on top of UDIG.
I will be very grateful of anyone show me the road to
start writing the plug-in. I had already started
reading about building plug-ins for eclipse. I hop it
is not far deferent from that…
All what I need is a plug-in that draws a moving
points on the top of the map (according a GPS readings
from a Location Server)….and capture all the event
related to these points (such as mouse double-click
and so on).
I was just talking to Mr Kennedy on a very similar problem.

One solution that was was mentioned was the idea of defining a MapGraphic (since this is a synthetic layer), and using the Map or Layer blackboard to communicate Vehicle location between the client code and the screen. Click events are captured through the use of the tool API.

Jody

Back to the top