Re: [udig-devel] SVN

You could also use an external svn client (like tortoise or *nix command line) to check out the actual plugins directory. That way wnen you update it, you will get any added plugins, or get rid of any removed plugins. You will then have to import all the plugins into eclipse.

All of the core udig developers that develop on linux use this strategy since subclipse on linux leaves something to be desired.

Justin

Richard Gould wrote:
Cap Romano (IMBEL) wrote:

I am using Subeclipse. How do I know if a new folder has been added to the repository or an existing one has been removed? What I do is right click on all plug-in folders and update them. This does not bring the new folders or delete the removed ones.

Thanks,
Romano

I don't believe that this will happen automatically. If you use subclipse to browse the repository and check out plug-ins from there, you will have to go back and browse again and add any folders that have been added.

Note that is it is the responsibility of uDig developers to email the list whenever a plug-in is added or removed from the repository. (Otherwise interesting errors are generated for Subclipse users).

Hope this helps,

Richard

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

I assume you mean removed from the repository. What subversion client are you using? Subclipse, tortoise, command line ?

Justin

Cap Romano (IMBEL) wrote:

Hello all,

after downloading all plug-in folders from SVN, how do I find out if a folder has been added or removed? I am using Eclipse 3.1M4.
How are things going with M6?

Thanks,
Romano