[udig-devel] Re: How to get the display properties

Ian wrote:
> > You can access the device information associated with an Image or Page.
> > Often you get to know the DPI and the size of the display device. It is
> > a bit more complicated for a page, where margins are also provided.
> >
> > Jody
>
> But I'm a headless server sending you a jpeg image, how do I know now?

>From my perspective, as a data server you would't even care about it. As a
server you would store f.e. some roads.shp styled to be displayed 5 mm wide.
(Or maybe you would store it without any styling information at all.)

How this is rendered on the user's screen (in pixels) is the responsibility of
the client, i.e. uDig on my laptop.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de