[udig-devel] ... and finally Tools

Tony Kennedy wrote:

We are currently using a pointer as the default tool, this was developed by TK for user groups and progress meetings it allows the marking of points on successive displays facilitating the quick return to these points as the discussion flow dictates; (effectively hyper linking the displays concerned) initially numeric now text numeric this addition has proved popular with user groups and has captured the imagination of the educationalists in our work streams especially when combined with the snapshot and keystroke macro facilities. I've been asked to present this to yourselves now and not wait for our releases as these groups now want to join your project independently but don t want to lose this facility (it was developed on the fly by hacking your code so not in an isolated module). However I'm at a loss as to your icon placement, shall I just place them in a group of there own and let yourselves sort them out, or is there a`style guide somewhere that I've missed.

This is exciting work,

There is a style guide, we are having a bit of fun setting up confluence - I will send the email out as we get back online. Some of the style guide is in two recent bug reports (on the toolbar and menu).

Quick summary, you can arrange in your tools into groups. Each group gets a single keyboard shortcut, allowing you to switch between tools. You can also cycle through the tools in a group. Hopefully this is scalable enough for your needs.

Any more questions on this front is appreciated - as the documentation could certainly be improved.

Jody

Back to the top