Re: [udig-devel] current project

Yes i guess current is a bit ambiguous. For my application I beleive the current editor is the way to go. Which is easily accessible via the PlatformUI. However it is not evident how to get the map from the editor.

Justin

Jody Garnett wrote:
Justin Deoliveira wrote:

It would be nice to get at the "current" project, or "current" map. The classes that seem to perform these tasks are internal so i cant use them.

That is an interesting question, we have several ideas of what may be considered current. The current editor? Which may be a map, or the current selection (which may also be a map).

In which conext are you asking the question? If you are a tool your current map is available to you via your context object. If you are view you can watch the workbench part selection and engage when a Map is on screen.

The Info Tool and and the InfoView serve as an example of these situtations. Although I think you are familiar with watching the
current editor as part of your StyleView work.

Can we ask for a little bit more information Justin.
Jody