Re: [udig-devel] Style Update Status

Quoting Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> It would be nice if the geotools AttributeType model provided such
> information as min/max for numeric content, or a valid set for
> qualitative data. This user interface would use sensible defaults
> taken
> from the ColorBrewer project. Before I approach them with the request
> -
> has anyone heard of this information being available in a FeatureType
> model? I know how to ask such questions in SQL, perhaps an alternate
> request would be for min/max functions?

I was just writing documentation for a plan for answering questions of
this type!

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/DerivedFeatureType
and
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/aggregatederivedfeaturetype

(i'm in the middle of writing this, so its a bit raw at the moment.
Also see Dave Z's and I's discussion on the Geotools meeting.)

> The current renderer has two known rendering problems:
> - it is willing to try rendering a LineString with a Polygon
> Symbolizer

This is legal. From the spec (11.2.1) on PolygonSymbolizer:

"If a point geometry is referenced instead of a polygon, then a small,
square, ortho-normal polygon should be constructed for rendering. If a
line is referenced, then the line (string) is closed for filling (only)
by connecting its end point to its start point, any line crossings are
corrected in some way, and only the original line is stroked."

Later on, in comment #8 (page 98):

"Some of the transformation cases are rather ugly to deal with, but we
should define all translations to be valid just for consistency. It is
expected that the most common transformations will be the ones that
make the most sense."

I doubt that the liteRender properly handles this situation...

> - the text label resolution technique produces a internal JTS error

As martin davis said, this is probably due to invalid polygons in your
data.

dave