Re: [udig-devel] Style Update Status

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

Hello stylers,

Things are cleaning up. The rendering and persistance issues have been solved. This will allow you to actually program properly the against the new api tommorow.

Translation we had a style workflow review.

The plan is to break out the bit that edits a SLD Symbolizer as a separate extension point. - A simple user interface will be constructed that focuses on *one* FeatureTypeStyle and a *Single* Rule - In the medium term we will look at breaking out the common case of styling based on a attribute. (This is an example where multiple rules are present, but the generation of the rules can be wrapped up in a nice user interface)
Attribute: speed

Symbol Label    Value
[]     Slow     0-30
[]     Town     30-50
[]     Hiway1   50-70
[]     Hiway2   70-90
[]     Freeway  90+

- A more complicated user interface (like the one James sent us a screen snapshot of) can be constructed at a later time.

The user interfaces we make now for Symbolizer editing can be reused in the future where multiple rules are present.

It would be nice if the geotools AttributeType model provided such information as min/max for numeric content, or a valid set for qualitative data. This user interface would use sensible defaults taken from the ColorBrewer project. Before I approach them with the request - has anyone heard of this information being available in a FeatureType model? I know how to ask such questions in SQL, perhaps an alternate request would be for min/max functions?

For those concerned about full SLD support - you can drag a SLD file onto a layer. I imagine a text editor on the SLD content could also be made available.

The current renderer has two known rendering problems:
- it is willing to try rendering a LineString with a Polygon Symbolizer
- the text label resolution technique produces a internal JTS error

Jody

Back to the top