[udig-devel] Re: Perspective (0.8 Feedback)

Hey all,

        For initial release, I do not believe a catalog perspective is
        doable
        (not enough time), but I do believe it is a good long term goal. A
        catalog, ala ArcCatalog provides a different way of viewing the same
        information (a whole new perspective, really) for different kinds of
        discovery and exploration than the graphical map-oriented system.

I second the motion. ArcMap had four (catalog, map, printing, one other)
last I used it and they were *fantastic* except for being toggled by
little tiny buttons in the way bottom. The idea is immensely useful once
a user gets their head around it and eclipse gives it "for free".

--adrian

Back to the top