Re: [udig-devel] questions about uDig 1.0

> >> Actually there has been some interest, we are going to focus on
> >> internationalization in March. Being an open source project we
> >> welcome collaboration.
> >
> > Great! I've never done internationalizations. IF we decide to go with
> > uDig, I'll discuss this with my partners. I suspect the donors (a
> > foreign aid agency) won't fund it directly, but I can bring it up to
> > GIS groups in Nicaragua.
>
> Note that GeoServer also supports internationalization, and I think
> there is already a spanish translation available. What the work consists
> of is copying around 20 files that look like this:
>
> > search.label=Search
> > search.tooltip=Search for Spatial information
> > search.icon=etool16/search_co.gif
The spanish translation was done by http://www.agiles.org - a great group
from Spain promoting GIS Libre.  I imagine they might get to doing a udig
translation eventually.  I ran across a decent article on eclipse
internationalization:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Internationalization/how2I18n.html

Chris

Back to the top