[udig-devel] IoC follow up

Jody Garnett wrote:

http://www.onboard.jetbrains.com/articles/ldi/

Now that my keyboard has batteries again I can actually mention why I forwarded this link. Way back in July I sent out an article on Pico-Container and Inversion of Control.

The above article is a nice walk though of the design problems and decisions that even based systems (like listener lists) encounter and the kind of solutions inversion of control an offer.

I should also point out the reason you have not heard about inversion of control in the udig code base is due to the eclipse plugin framework. It already provides a framework (ie the Platform) that gives us the benifits of PicoContainer.

Several of the other isues identified in the article have been addressed on a case by case basis - such s the use of "Change Deltas" in the Catalog API.

Jody out

Back to the top