[udig-devel] Re: Seeking Help - UDig

Aravind L.H. wrote:

Hi,
few exercises using geotools. Recently I came to know about UDig. I have downloaded the eclipse, udig 0.6. Could you please help to get started, briefing about the dependencies required. Eagerly waiting to hear something from you...

I would be happy to help.
The installation instructions outline the dependencies required:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/UDIG+0.6+Installation

Breifly: Java 5 *Runtime*, JAI *for JRE*, ImageIO *for JRE*

I have had another go at making the above instructions clear, the main trick that is tripping people up is downloading JDK material from the Sun Download site by mistake.

I am also unsure if anyone clicked at the "more..." link at the bottom of the page (so I have renamed it "Extra Help..."

Here is the installation checklist from the installation instructions " Having trouble with the Windows Install?" section.

1. http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Windows+JRE+Install
2. http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Windows+Java+Advanced+Imaging+Install
3. http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Windows+Image+IO+Install

If you would like to check your system please have a look at the instructions here: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Windows+System+Check

Please let me, or the email list know if these instructions work out for you.
Jody
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Windows+System+Check>

Back to the top