Re: [udig-devel] Zoom Functionality

Andrea Aime wrote:

Why I see all of the shapefiles in a flat list? This is a bit nonsense to me, because I'm used to see folders with tens to hundreds shapefiles in it, possibily with multiple versions of the same files in different states held into different subfolders. If I understand it right (I hope not) and every file gets listed as a flat list, this would soon become
a bit of a mess.

Understood. I think we have a general understanding of how to handle this problem in the UI. I concur, BTW, and the current scheme snuck into the UI because it was quick'n'dirty to get things on the screen.

From a UI point of view, I think we have to provide a file system mount point as the interface paradigm for browing into file-based data sources. ArcCatalog has something to teach us here, I think.

Paul

Back to the top