Re: [udig-devel] Re: [Geotools-devel] Development jar dependancies

Hi

Not sure why they would not be copied, but maven jar:install-snapshot actually creates a jar named
                                    id-YYYYMMDD.hhmmss.jar
and then creates a copy at id-SNAPHOT.jar

For example in modules/main, doing
     maven jar:install-snaphot
 gives both of these:
     main-20041008.193605.jar
     main-SNAPSHOT.jar

Not sure how to get those to the repository, I think maven jar:deploy-snapshot does this (and may use a soft link instead of another copy).

The other issue with the dates, especially if you deploy them frequently, is a huge number of jars that are probably not needed. Image main-20041008.193605.jar, main-20041009.193605.jar, main-20041010.193605.jar, ... So you either have to deploy the snapshots only when things seem stable-ish or have some cleanup mechanism.

thanks,
Philip