Re: [udig-devel] Re: [Geotools-devel] Development jar dependancies

Maven has a create-snaphot capability.

I will:
create a <timestanp>.jar file
create a symlink from the timestamped to a SNAPSHOT.jar file
(replacing the existing one)
create a text file which points out which SNAPSHOT-<timestamp> is
currently acting as SNAPSHOT

It then also provides a tool which can be used just before a release
to replace references to SNAPSHOT jars within a project.xml file with
the current <timestamp> jar.

i.e.
2.1.x can refere to geoapi-SNAPSHOT
when we cut 2.1.0.M3 you run the tool and it replaces the SNAPSHOT
references with the timestamped version of the current SNAPSHOT (i.e.
an identical jar, but whos content will never change)

I can dig up the details if you are interesed.

James

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:36:56 -0700, Jody Garnett
<jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Zwiers wrote:
>
> >Hi James
> >
> >I hadn't though of GT using the gt jars ... I'm using them for udig.
> >I'll think of a solution for both systems, although I think SNAPSHOT
> >jars should work well-enough. Another solution might be to keep the jar
> >names the same (easier when updating for udig) but changing the path ...
> >gt2/SNAPSHOT/2.1.x ... .jar. This way maven could not find the jars.
> >

> Darn you guys, you will eventually have other maven based projects
> wanting to use this repository :-P
> I suppose we can fall off that bridge when we come to it.
>
> I wish we had a date stamped format so projects like UDIG could depend
> on a snapshot from a specific date. I know it is an issue we always run
> into with GeoAPI. Especially when there is a geoapi snapshot for GeoAPI
> and a different one for Geotools, and now I guess one for UDIG.
>
> Jody

Back to the top