[udig-devel] Selection Manager Requirements / Notes

The following is being posted to the Wiki as well, an design overview will be along shortly to allow everyone to put this into context.

I am just getting this out right away as an example of the kind of requirements we are looking at capturing this week.

Selection Manager

Maintains Selection state for a Map, used in conjunction with the LayerManager by the renderer to determine screen appearance.

Functional Requirements
- selection by map interaction
- selection by table interaction
- selection by "Query" ui
- scalable
- programmatic access for operative plug-ins

Non Functional Requirements
- sub-second notification of selection activity
- selection should take less then 5 to 10 seconds for alpha

Design Notes:
- maintain a Filter associated with each Layer
- Filter can be Fid based to capture individual selections
- Filter can be BBox based to capture spatial selection on Map
- Filter can be be constructed via a "Query ui"
- Selection inverts can be formed quickly with the use of "not( filter )"

Back to the top