[triquetrum-dev] Ptolemy implementation for relation reconnecting away from a vertex

Dear ptolemy hackers,

I'm almost there to implement Ptolemy II's "vertex" relation concept (a.k.a. the black diamond) in Triquetrum's editor.

There's one last remaining issue (as far as I know now) : when reconnecting a link away from a vertex, I still need to figure out how/where to decide whether to assign a new relation to the link or not.

E.g. starting from :

there is 1 relation linking Const via the Vertex to the Display actor.

After reconnecting to the Display2 actor, the result in Vergil is a new relation2 :

In the current Triquetrum status, the result is still the single, but graphically disconnected, relation that now somehow links Const to both Display actors.
I.e. the reconnect action does not create a new relation2.

Could you point me to where to look in Ptolemy's code to figure out all the possible reconnection cases and how to decide when creating a new relation is required?

thanks!
erwin

Back to the top