From: "Thomas Bitonti" <bitonti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: transformer-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: transformer developer discussions <transformer-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [transformer-dev] Is Java reflection handling still needed?
Date: Fri, Jul 31, 2020 16:36

Hi,

Some of that can be handled by string constant updates. But, having string updates specifically for calls to Class.forName would be safer.

The easiest form of this to handle is when the call uses a string constant. Calls which take a variable could be handled, but we would need to inject a method which did a string replacement, which would mean embedding a string lookup table. Embedding the entire table can be avoided if there are class specific replacements, but that starts getting to be a lot of detail to manage.

Has there been a specific case where the replacement was needed? So far, features have been added based on specific requirements.

Thx!

Thomas F. Bitonti
WebSphere Application Server Group / WCCM
(919) 486-0867

Inactive hide details for "BJ Hargrave" ---07/31/2020 12:13:02 PM---I opened  https://github.com/eclipse/transformer/issues/99 "BJ Hargrave" ---07/31/2020 12:13:02 PM---I opened https://github.com/eclipse/transformer/issues/99 . --