[tractusx-dev] Shared Ownership: Let's Discuss Our Review Process
  • From: "Kiermayer, Siegfried" <siegfried.kiermayer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:16:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=sap.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=sap.com; dkim=pass header.d=sap.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=1kwJcdLf75Aeyapsdgpmdc0Ks0W+MHEr7T6tGmB0/p8=; b=XjHyhFHRq9cIaadAPZi/f+przsExaYlLOawdsPhkTDIi2JstqtY1igxFFAIyuh/h/thBDApzbZJe5bod8WYPXRg31ejoOZElUxYmqRVBpl99mY4JrrXyQpsvJvZ4wxSZSi+ad5mRwujNYudC5ORDmcD5q2DPcrV5yP7QkdlicrtGcBM00l4eVJyDC/wdFtHOLZforV8nKuOoaa0axgVvLZf7S4QGBzyhcUkhsp16OBjK1WcmzODxqOmFMnyxDXi+8wHCD5AyubreB2x8ii/Nc8IJl3TNVIdqesasjPAzOOICtCiyf24WxnHLu68eSTuuLD/Mculg0d46dCIWSvHB0Q==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YztXg0CvPcvNENCOiRHXTOTmKcyuoh3dmNTR/Fav9siTqjkah3AAVgDasBsypMGPlOYRY5+I6sc1ih4Qi1xe2d+srvX4o4AOIOVAjEycCyGcGMGbk6rQF52wX85vYgFGY0y02qaC1MbwzdD7/OZIGFN1XNhmdZCBfas00q8c3mIEIdQP07HkhqFa4hR0fzhX2xzwNmDlweabzhhuSkFVJ960rlHyzkDFF/9HQipwLnTGj3QjRgW1Q9JiSQb1uQQTOWv7Cy+eiQqAqzZ/WSmTDqv5zd/J/0ajOcZNqHzqou0ViDdb1qkjxC+5hGJJ0VX6Yj3chNMIUbNKwTrPgjrq6Q==

Dear Eclipse Tractus-X Community of Committers,

the System Team helped Tractus-X to align quality across products and kept an eye on aspects like open source (IP checks, etc.) as well. We introduced the TRGs as a centrally aligned and open mechanism in written form.

It was the official role of the System to support Release management with our own Quality gate.

But actually, this was never the plan to begin with: The understanding in an Eclipse Project as a committer is that it's the responsibility of EVERY committer to ensure that Tractus-X is secure, open, transparent, aligned, maintainable, etc. and due to the official commitments of companies slowly going down and the release 24.08 being the last one in this context, we have to push for the transition.

Whenever you review a PR, you need to keep all TRGs in mind. IF there is something which is not optimal, you need to address it or align the process.

For the transition, we will expect all committers to take part in the quality gates review process for other products starting with 24.05.

We are also looking for information on who will continue contributing after July to start mentoring and supporting you in your role as a committer.

IF you stay after July, please send me a message.

IF you DO NOT stay after July, make sure to offboard from Tractus-X on your last day. We would like to avoid running behind people to figure out if they are still committers.

Additionally, I would like to highlight that the System Team is experiencing a decrease in resources. You have been able to rely on us for a long time, and we will continue to do our best to support Tractus-X, but we need your support.

Sincerely,

Sigi

Eclipse Tractus-X Project Lead

Back to the top