Re: [tracecompass-dev] Question about migrating from classic TC to new TC

Hi Greg, that's an excellent question.

I will assume that you build a new trace server with your parser built-in. In that case the answer is yes. Remember, the counters views need to have "counter aspects" or some logic, and the flamechart needs custom logic too (state provider). It's easier than it sounds though. If you use the standard analyses with different models for data, the theia front-end should work great.

Matthew

From: tracecompass-dev <tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Savin via tracecompass-dev <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2024 12:54 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Greg Savin <gsavin@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] Question about migrating from classic TC to new TC

Hi All,

I have a question about feature compatibility between classic Eclipse based TC and the new trace server + Theia variant of TC.

In Eclipse-based Trace Compass, if I have a custom tracetype that is functionally a subclass of a generic CTF trace, and my tracetype is implemented such that the Flame Chart and Counters views are available for the traces of that type, and if I then want to view the same traces in the new Theia-based Trace Compass + trace server, can I expect to see Flame Chart and Counters views available in Theia TC?   (This assumes that I include my custom tracetype implementation bundles in my build of trace server and I'm running the build product from that).

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg S.

Back to the top