Re: [threadx-users] Thai shaping support
  • From: Adrian SKERRATT <askerratt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 12:51:54 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, fr-FR, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=witekio.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=witekio.com; dkim=pass header.d=witekio.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=+li9CH6eTOUiXXYj+xHwCx6P/GdQD4VVJjsUoWtJKWo=; b=L8hQfbmtC3txeKmEGVadU63Qy6m0+wtTFeyQe0dBw+HunDknkSkYe9Js2ttMfKnkun4AtT96JjR/a1CJtEcDa+CN47oqcFcKzLor9qyAx2T6E7NRTEFD1aEacmEu3bUKYUXw0zSVk/Do3PdJBcYZvuljl/Uz1xgxVJhhtgpZbJuNRgLCKCD8LPw1TukEgBHTGCyhAeVhPbZFTqAnzSJRg6mO3TzvDzZtozoF1zxHLUCvCkmigMTUIb7U6E7RSbmETRS6qqpWFm98oh6jev+KbM5nHivEIMpTWkRgmpS9xsyvCrufhiEO0SOEDYDAHqt0ZBqy1MsiJUjrOTV2zzIL/w==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=L4HBJpCa45W49Hsyg8vy1G5nbqZnGyQ/OCHnJIVSOm5yRh2rszFz6b53PxOGsi554VQ6zg9zCW6i57jNmUDvXZa00Lhzja41elW6SiGZkVa7v44lx7gpY4lgfK5siTxWzRP0/Yz/hI1OaKS0dWW1/287AWutqHoJBynTfb64njyBVe2CavVimxmMYNz+ZYawIifcOWXL14kpCtwT5l2CNUjlcH9f9f9p3SaRdB0qcsqGbvW2xYzlssXnzqxLqtQPynWMM8NCZn4xbDgaa0nxFR6fo7bze+z56ijnIf7xApWaDv7bMR3O4nOocZgHZYDonlsIOR2Z73HenuWMvOXYAg==

Hi all

I found the cause of this issue: it is because the Noto Sans Thai font does not contain the characters in the range 0xF700 to 0xF71A which GUIX Studio needs to do the Thai shaping.

I found that using a font that does contain those characters works correctly in GUIX Studio, as long as the "Include character set defined by String Table" checkbox is enabled in the edit font dialog box.

I used the THSarabunNew font which can be found here

https://github.com/epsilonxe/SIPAFonts

Adrian