[threadx-users] FileX formatted media gives error in fsck

Dear List,
hopefully this is the right place to drop my problem:

When formatting a rather small media (4MB) with fx_media_format() with following parameters:

number_of_fats	UINT	1
directory_entries	UINT	32
hidden_sectors	UINT	0
total_sectors	ULONG	8192
bytes_per_sector	UINT	512
sectors_per_cluster	UINT	8
heads	UINT	1
sectors_per_track	UINT	1

I get an error when lateron trying to check the device with fsck:

Filesystem has 1023 clusters but only space for 1022 FAT entries.

It seems that something with the media-formatting is wrong. I currently don't know where to dig further.

I tried to step through the media-formatting code and found that total_clusters is first calculated to 1023 (line 251) but lateron adjusted to 1022 (line 269)

File Version of fx_media_format.c is: 6.1.11  ( this is the one bundled with the newest ST-Firmware for H5 )

Maybe one can give me a hint how to find out who does it wrong here..

Regards Pascal Speck

Back to the top