Re: [technology-pmc] Re: [ecf-dev] Re: [tools-pmc] Newsreader project

Markus Knauer wrote:
Speaking of the inclusion into Helios packages... just to keep in mind that it is a two-step process: First, you need to include the project in the yearly release train (and this itself is a lot of work) but can be done by everyone who is willing to do the work. Second, you need to convince one or more of the EPP package maintainers to include your bits into their projects.

It is probably easier to convince the EPP package maintainers if this is a sub-component of an existing and already well known and trusted project, such as ECF. Just my thoughts... ;-)

That's an excellent point, Markus. While I think we really can convince the package maintainers, an "incubator" label would definitely make it a more difficult task.

Eric

Back to the top