[technology-pmc] Re: discussion - automatic error report in Subversive

Title: New Page 1
Igor,

I’m writing on behalf of Subversive project team and want to discuss one aspect of our project. The matter concerns our e-mail error reporting feature.

1.      Does this feature violate some policies or guidelines?

No, but the feedback needs to be opt-in and sent to an eclipse.org mailing list. I might suggest creating a new list for that feedback rather than using the dev list, but that's up to you.

2.      From my point of view this feature is really helpful for any project, so does it make sense to have it as standard service?

Sounds good to me.

3.      Now e-mails are sent to special mailing list on Polarion.org dedicated for error reports. Should we change this to eclipse mailing list?

See my answer to 1.

4.      In addition to error reporting we contributed our menu items “Send Tip for Improvement” and “Send Error Report” to the root Help menu. Are there any policy/guidelines violation?

You should ask the UI Best Practices Working Group for their opinion on that issue.

- Bjorn

--
[end of message]

Back to the top