[sw360-dev] sw360 - internal repositories (forks) merge concept

Hi sw360 Team,

currently I am thinking about a good solution for our internal Siemens fork.

Since the repository change we lost our complete commit history for sw360portal.

This occurs some git problems in case of merging branches between github/eclipse and the internal fork.

Changes on the new repository will conflict because there are no ancestors for the files available.

What do you think about these solutions?

1.       New Fork (in our internal repository)

2.       Git patch file (last sw360/sw360portal -> internal Fork), apply this Patch on eclipse/master and force push to the internal fork

In both cases we will lose the commit history

Do have some other ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Thomas