Re: [sw360-dev] lb-datahandler build on native (no vagrant etc)

Hi,

just for the records (and because such remarks do not seem right for the wiki), for the thrift 0.10.0, the solution seems like going back to 0.9.3, In addition, it seems to end up in a problem for macosx (10.11) environments as well:

* there is a brew package for thrift 0.10.0, however, they dropped java:hashcode, which is used by the maven plugin, but I was not successful deactivating it using the maven configure mechnism for this mojo

* there is a brew package for thrift 0.9.0 which does not compile our thrift files, it looks like the includes are not working properly.

* I did not manage to get the old brew package for thrift 0.9.3 (going through [1]), mainly because parts of it seem like outdated (brew versions...).

* installing thrift 0.9.3 from source on mac os x requires some re/linking with bison [2]

* actually it still does not build because of not finding the right openssl files on macosx, although openssl appears to be installed. also there is an issue with an undeclared VERSION field when constructing the thrift response header field

-> for me it worked following, as we have the option just to have the java compiler only:

./configure CXXFLAGS='-g -O2' --without-cpp --without-php --without-perl

(or whatever other languages would be configured by the configure script)

I am curios if we would have same problems with thrift 0.10.0 on linux actually.

kind regards, Michael