Re: [sumo-user] Simulation of Bicycle Lanes in SUMO

You can model indirect left turns as described here: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Bicycles.html#indirect_left_turn

Am Mi., 25. Sept. 2024 um 13:35 Uhr schrieb stavroskontorinis--- via sumo-user <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi again,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my last email regarding the encoding of bicycle lanes.

I would like to ask a follow up question related to bicycles making left turns at signalized junctions.

  1. Is there a way for bicycles to use the pedestrian crossings for making the left turn at the signalized junction (please see blue line in the attached image)?
  2. Or do bicycles have to explicitly use the leftmost general-purpose lane (green line) to turn left?

I'm exploring both options and would love to know if there’s an existing method in SUMO for either approach.

Thank you for your time and support.

Kind regards,

Stavros Kontorinis