[sumo-user] Simulation of Bicycle Lanes in SUMO

Dear SUMO user community,

I am currently trying to develop a simulation scenario encompassing bike lanes using SUMO 1.20. I am seeking your advice and expertise on two challenges I am currently encountering.

  1. The road layout that I would like to simulate is the following (from outermost to innermost):
  • Sidewalk: 2.20 m
  • Bicycle Lane: 2.00 m
  • Curb between Bicycle and Bus Lane: 0.70 m
  • Bus Lane: 3.50 m
  • General Vehicle Lane: 3.20 m

However, I am facing some challenges on how to encode and visualize the curb that is separating these two lanes (bicycle lane and bus lane) within SUMO.

  1. Additionally, I am trying to setup bus stops on the sidewalk in the presence of bike lanes. Specifically, my goal is to adjust the geometry of the network appropriately so that it matches with the one depicted in the attached image.

Any kind of advice for those two issues mentioned will be very helpful. Also, if there are any existing examples or documentation that could assist with those, I will be very grateful if you can point me to those resources.

Looking forward for your answers.

Kind regards,

Stavros Kontorinis